Tuesday 1 April 2014

Week 16

The rain has finally eased, which makes it easier to get to the house, but we still can't really see anything because of the protective covers that the painters have put on all of the windows. I peered through a hole in the front door and apart from feeling like a complete desperado, I could see that they have done at least one more coat of paint. I still love the colour! 

I can also see that some vanity basins have arrived ready for installation. No sign of the stone benchtop yet but that won't be far away.

We also finally have signs of some neighbours starting their builds with one block cut late last week, and another done either yesterday or today. One is the same builder as us but our site supervisor said he won't be looking after it as they are getting him to focus more on a huge estate out West which is apparently going gangbusters. It will be interesting to watch the progress of the other homes, but I'm sure the sound of saws and nail guns will get a bit tiresome once we have moved in and I am working from home.

Our SS said he might be able to give us a target handover date when we meet with him on Friday. We have started getting some fencing quotes in anticipation of getting them sorted as soon as we have handover.

I'll try and take some progress photos on Friday. Its not as easy as I expected as I generally find that I want to concentrate on everything the SS is explaining. Maybe I'm not such a great multi-tasker after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment