Wednesday 12 March 2014

A start on the interior fittings

Our lovely timber staircase was installed yesterday as scheduled. The locks were placed on all external doors on Monday but I was lucky enough to arrive at the site when a worker was there and he kindly let me in to take some photos.

We upgraded to a stain-grade timber staircase from the standard which would have been covered in carpet. It currently has protective boards on the treads but we can already see that once it is stained to match our timber laminate flooring it will be lovely!

Landing is half way up. The area to the right will be boarded up and have
storage in it. The cupboard will be accessed from a door to the right of this photo. 
The guy who let me in to take photos was actually delivering the cabinetry, so I got to have a sneek peek at our kitchen etc. I love the silk finish Laminex. It is lovely and shiny without being too glossy, and it was a standard inclusion so didn't add to our costs at all. I will get some better photos when I am not trying to stay out of the way of the delivery guys.
Kitchen cabinets - either side of the oven. The Laminex colour is Parchment
and the handles have a brushed chrome finish.
The overhead cupboards will have no handles, just an overhang.

No comments:

Post a Comment