Wednesday 15 January 2014

Day 37 - Week 5 - Frame Delivered

I feel a bit bad calling this post "Day 37" when Plantation have had three weeks of annual leave in there, but it's the best way for me to track our progress as the months go by. It's technically only 13 working days since they started.

Nevertheless Andy called in at the block on his way home last night and saw that the frame has been delivered! We popped back around to the block together last night to admire our lovely piles of timber. It mostly looks to be pre-fabricated so I'm sure once they start work it won't take long to assemble. 

We thought something must have been about to happen as the security fence was tampered with on Monday. Since there was nothing there to steal, we thought it might have been someone trying to deliver to the site who didn't have scissors to cut the cable ties holding the gates closed over Christmas. You know how tough those little ties are when you want to undo one in a hurry! He he.

Whoever it was, they managed to put a big dent in one of the fence panels. Hopefully that doesn't happen again. We certainly don't need any extra bills for damaged temporary fences.


They've left just enough space to get in, and just as importantly, have access to the porta loo.

I wandered past the block this morning on my walk but there were no tradies on site starting the assembly. Maybe tomorrow.....

Unfortunately my professional role has me always looking ahead for possible problems and then developing strategies to avoid them. It's hard to break that habit, but I think I am finally moving from being nervous and anxious about how it will all go, to really excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment